Park Amenity Hours, Fees and Access - Bear Mountain State Park is operated by the Palisades Parks Conservancy. This includes Ice Skating Rink, Merry-Go-Round, Outdoor Pool, Trailside Museum and Zoo, Perkins Memorial Tower. For the most up-to-date detailed information, including hours and fees, we encourage you to visit their website at
Deposit—Specific packages and special events require either a partial deposit or full payment when reservations are made. Daily rates do not include applicable taxes, service fees or charges for additional services.
Cancellations and Changes—You can request a cancellation or change made to your reservation by calling (845) 786-2731. All cancellations or changes must be received 24 hours before your arrival date. If you fail to arrive on your scheduled arrival date, your reservation will be canceled and you will not receive any refund or credit. We strictly enforce our cancellation and change policy and no exceptions will be made.
Stone Cottage Deposits, Cancellations and Changes - Booking a full stone cottage (6 individual rooms) requires a 50% deposit for a one night reservation per room and a full nights charge per room for a two night reservation when reservation is made. You can request a cancellation or change made to your reservation by calling (845) 786-2731. All cancellations or changes must be received 72 hours before your arrival date. If you fail to arrive on your scheduled arrival date, your reservation will be canceled and you will not receive any refund or credit. We strictly enforce our cancellation and change policy and no exceptions will be made.
Cooking—Cooking in guest rooms is only permitted with the provided microwave
Check-in and Checkout Times—Accommodations will be available after 3:00 p.m. on your scheduled arrival date. Checkout time is at 11:00 a.m. on your scheduled departure date.
Smoking Policy—All public areas and guest rooms of Bear Mountain Inn and Overlook Lodge are non-smoking facilities and smoking is strictly prohibited in these areas.
Bear Awareness—Please be aware that Bear Mountain Inn and Overlook Lodge is located in a natural bear habitat. Please use caution while exploring the hotel grounds.
Parking / Park Entrance Fee—Bear Mountain State Park charges a $8.00 (per vehicle) entrance fee at the time you enter the parking lot. Complimentary parking is available for the guests of The Bear Mountain Inn and Overlook Lodge. PLEASE NOTE: buses must have permit to enter Bear Mountain State Park.
Gift Certificates—Gift certificates are available in all denominations. Contact the front desk for more information.
Pet-Friendly —Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain offers pet-friendly accommodations. Pets must be declared during guest registration and we do insist that you clean up after your pet. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $45 per room plus $5 per day. Additionally there is a maximum of two pets per room and pets may not be left alone in a room unless in a cage. Service animals are always welcome.
- Pet must be fully trained and appropriately restrained by guest.
- Pet must comply with local legislation requirements.
- Pet must be kept on a leash when in the hotel or on hotel property unless it is in your guest room.
- Pets must not be left unattended unless in a cage.
- Pets are not allowed in any food or beverage outlets of the hotel. This exclusion DOES NOT apply to service dogs.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet on hotel property.
- Any disturbances, such as barking, must be curtailed to ensure that other guests are not inconvenienced.
- Guests must contact the housekeeping department to arrange a convenient time for housekeeping services.
- Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the hotel, its owners and its operator from all liability and damage suffered as a result of the guest's pet.
- The hotel reserves the right to charge the guest's account commensurate to the cost of such damages.